Metro area residents understand the appeal of a rooftop deck. After a busy day in the city, there is nothing better than enjoying the evening view from a rooftop deck. Rooftop decks are a growing trend for many metro areas where space for the traditional back-yard deck is not available. We have taken our full decking line-up and adapted it to rooftop applications. We’ve also added additional roof specific products like light weight pavers and rooftop decking tiles.
- Things to consider when planning a rooftop deck project
- Future roof repairs: if down the road there is a roof leak, will it be accessible for repair?
- The weight of the deck as well as the people on it: can the roof handle the additional load? What about planters, pergolas or any other features that will have a larger point load?
- Does the existing roof system require any special preparation for a deck to be added?
- Space restrictions and logistics during construction.
- View: one of the greatest assets to your rooftop deck will be the view from the top. It’s free, so design the area to capitalize on it.
Whether it’s your own private rooftop deck, a common shared area, or a commercial use area, drop us a line we can help.
Do you have an existing rooftop deck that you love but hate the decking or railing? We also offer rooftop deck resurfacing. This is where the decking and/or railing is removed and the support structure remains if it is in good condition. What you end up with is a new deck on visible surfaces without the cost of replacing the sub-structure. This is a great way to love your existing deck even more.