What is AZEK Composite Decking?
AZEK decking performs beautifully as a wood deck alternative, although it is not considered composite decking. AZEK decks are made from polyvinyl chloride, or PVC, which is the same material used in vinyl siding. AZEK decking is known for its exceptional strength, durability, and low maintenance. Since it doesn't contain any wood or wood by-products, AZEK boards don’t absorb moisture that can cause wooden boards to warp or rot.Considering adding an AZEK or composite deck to your home or business? Woodland deck builders have extensive expertise in working with AZEK, the pioneer in solid PVC decking.
Advantages of AZEK Decking
- Durability - AZEK decking will not rot, mold, warp or splinter.
- Low Maintenance - Stain and fade resistant, AZEK decks never need sanding, sealing, staining, or painting.
- Many Options Available - AZEK decking comes in a wide range of colors and wood grain options.
- Longest Life Expectancy - AZEK offers an industry-leading 30-year warranty.
Disadvantages of AZEK Decking
- Cost - Solid PVC decking is the most expensive synthetic option on the market; however the long life and low-maintenance of an AZEK deck can make it worth the investment in the long run.
In addition to decking, we also offer high-end AZEK railings, trim, molding, pavers, and lighting. For a unique look, add an AZEK pergola or canopy for a striking architectural element to your landscaping, patio, or garden. At Woodland, we can work with you to create the perfect AZEK deck to suit your outdoor living space, lifestyle, and budget.
AZEK Decking vs Trex vs TimberTech - Which is Right for You?
Deciding on which deck materials to use can be a challenging task. Of all of the wood-alternative options, AZEK, TimberTech, and Trex are the three biggest names in low-maintenance decking.
To compare all three brands, check out my blog series:
Choosing can be daunting, but we can help. Start with a list of objectives that are important to you and we can go from there. Are you most concerned about heat or color retention? Would you rather have mold resistance, color options, or a lower cost of materials?
We have samples of each company’s decking boards and can walk you through the pros and cons of Trex, TimberTech, and AZEK decking.
Let Woodland Deck help you decide which material would be the best fit for your decking project. Give us a call today or tell us more about your dream deck to get an estimate!